Roast Carrot & Fennel Soup by Jamie Oliver
I thought this tropical smoothie would have rescued me from my cold but actually not really. I stayed at home one more day, doing nothing except reading cookbooks and food blogs. What a life! At the end of the day, I found the meal I wanted to eat, a sweet and aromatic soup created by my favorite English chef: Jamie Oliver! Don't you love the way he cooks? And the way he speaks? I can listen to him and eat what he is making all day! Love is fat! Obviously, I have made some modification to have a healthier recipe than the original one. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free, in one word: perfect to suit your desires!
Recipe for 4 bowls - Preparation 1h30
- 1 kg carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced
- 2 bulbs of fennel, trimmed and sliced, tops reserved to serve
- 1 onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 10 bunches of coriander
- 1.6 liter of organic vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put the carrots, fennel and onion in a roasting dish and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, then add the garlic cloves. Stir everything thoroughly and return to the oven for 20 minutes more, until the vegetables are soft and browned. Then, remove the papery skins from the garlic cloves.
- Put the roasted vegetables and the coriander in a large pan with the organic vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, then liquids with a stick blender, until completely smooth.
- Serve in a bowl and add coriander leaves on the top!
Enjoy the Jamie' soup!