Magic Pesto stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
You may all know my love for pesto and as I already made severals one, this time I really wanted to do an original one that could be both surprising and very tasty. Therefore I mixed many different herbs such as parsley, oregano and thyme and use sunflower seeds instead of the classic pine nuts. It was truly amazing and the best pesto I ate. A big scoop of this pesto directly goes inside portobello mushrooms and hop in the oven for 20 minutes. To go along with, a thin piece of organic beef filet seasoned with olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and cooked for one minute on each side on a very warm pan - if you like it rare -
Recipe for 2 - Preparation 30 minutes
- 1 brunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 big clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, washed
- 200 grams of organic beef filet
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and Line a baking sheet on a stray.
- Pour in your food processor the parsley, the garlic finely chopped, oregano, thyme and the sunflower seeds. Add the olive oil and the lemon juice. Stir well with a spoon and blend until reaching the right consistency: a bit thick and granulated but well oiled. We do not want the pesto to be too smooth or liquid as it will not stand on the mushrooms. It should look like a paste.
- Pull stems from mushrooms to create space for stuffing. Spread some olive oil on top of the mushrooms, to avoid the caps to get dry once it the oven. Stuff them with a big scoop of pesto and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil on each side on the beef filet, spread oregano, thyme, salt and pepper on each side as well and letting it soak the time the mushrooms cooked.
- Once the mushrooms almost ready, on a very warm pan, cook the filets for about 1 minute on each side (but once again, only if you like it rare, otherwise don't hesitate to cook it longer).
- Take out the mushrooms from the oven and serve it along with filet, herbs and sea salt. Bon appétit