Pasta al Limone

After all the complicated recipes for the Christmas holidays, it is nice to come back to basics ones. This meal is incredibly quick to make, super light and fresh, which is much appreciated after everything we ate those last days, very tasty and quite surprising to eat pasta and lemon at the same time. This pasta recipe perfectly goes along with roasted fish, scallops or sliced very thinly in salads and put aside chicken. 

Recipe for 2 - Preparation 10 minutes

  • 250 grams tagliatelle 
  • 1 lemon juice and 1/2 lemon zest 
  • 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 70 g grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 large bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
  • 1 handful rocket
  • Red chili flakes
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Bring water to a boil on medium heat, pour the tagliatelle in and cook for about 10 minutes.
  2. Drain 95% of the water out, leaving 5% in the pan and pour the pasta back in.
  3. Meanwhile, beat the lemon juice and zest with the olive oil, until both are well combined. 
  4. Add the Parmesan and stir well until it reaches a thick and creamy consistency.
  5. Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
  6. Add the lemon sauce to the tagliatelle and mix well in order for the parmesan cheese to melt on the pasta.
  7. To finish, add the chopped basil leaves and rocket. Stir well and let's enjoy this refreshing meal after the festivities.