Mazemen Ramen Noodles
Ramen noodles have been all around the food blog world since quite a long time now and it becomes quite a must for me to come with my own recipe. Tokyo is the city mastering the art of ramen, it is all about noodles bowls everywhere and ramen noodles is one of the recipe that is delicious but also very creative, colorful and full of taste. Because there is many kind of ramen all over Japan, the aim is to use your creativity to make your own, what the Japanese fondly refer to as free-style. You can make ramen with chicken, it also suits best the vegetarian with only veggies and egg or even doing it broth-less called mazemen. In Japan, there is like a madness around eggs, they use only fresh eggs that come from organic farms and will always tell you on the day the eggs were laid and from which producers it came, they like details and honesty in what they cook and eat, which is really much appreciated especially these days we all care about the food we eat. I have decided to go for a mazemen ramen noodles with carrots and shiitake (Japanese mushrooms) marinated beef with soya sauce and sesame oil, topped with coriander and an egg yolk that adds this crazy color to the bowl. This recipe is incredibly delicious, the ramen melt in the mouth, the meat is full of taste and everything together makes the perfect bowl you were looking for to warm up you dinner evening with a bit of exoticism.
Recipe for 4 - Preparation 45 minutes
- 4 fresh and organic eggs
- 400 grams fresh and organic minced meat
- 400 grams of ramen noodles
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped in small squares
- 3 small handfuls of shiitake, chopped
- 1 brunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 10 grams of ginger, chopped
- 5 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 cubes of miso
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 25 cl of warm water
- To make the marinade: In a bowl, add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger, pour the minced meat inside and drizzle with the sesame oil and soya sauce. Mix well to combine everything together, cover and let chill for at least 1 hour.
- Once ready, on a large pan, bring water to a boil to prepare your ramen noodles.
- Meanwhile, start preparing your veggies: On medium heat, add one tablespoon of sesame oil on a sauce pan plus the onion and cook it for 2 minutes. Then add the carrots and cook it for at least 6 minutes and then the shiitake. Cook it for 6 minutes too. Set aside on a plate covered with aluminum paper.
- To make the miso: On a baby pan, on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of soya sauce and 2 cubes of miso. Once warm enough and the miso completely dissolved add 25 cl of warm water and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Back to your large pan, pour the ramen noodles in and cook it according to the instructions. Should be around 2 and 5 minutes. Once ready, drain out the excess water and put it back on the pan. Add the miso mixture and veggies to the ramen noodles, mix well to combined and keep it warm by covering the pan with a lid.
- On another sauce pan, on medium heat add your marinated beef and cook it for 5 minutes. Once medium rare / well done cooked, it is ready to serve.
- Dressage: On a bowl, first pour the ramen noodles, add two tablespoons of marinated/cooked beef, add a egg yolk on the top and some coriander on one side.
- And finally it's ready :)