Fresh Spring rolls
Fresh, healthy and homemade spring rolls are perfect for quick snacking or even for lunch. You can mix and match ingredients of your choice, the end is always delicious. Yesterday, I choose to make them without rice noodles, only vegetables, herbs and shrimps. The quantity needed for each rolls is really approximative, but don't put too much stuff inside otherwise you won't be able to roll it correctly. Those spring rolls are perfect goodness, refreshing, super-healthy and full of taste and no need to tell you that it is super easy to make, here is the recipe:
Recipe for 4 Spring Rolls - Preparation 20 minutes
- 4 round rice paper wrapper
- 16 cooked shrimps, peeled
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in thin stick
- 1 carrot, grated with a julienne cutter
- 1 handful of soya beans sprout
- 6 cm black radish, cut in thin stick
- Let's start by softening the round rice paper: In a plate covered by warm water, place the rice paper in it, carefully, for 1 minute, until totally soften. Lay rice papers on a clean rag.
- Arrange 4 shrimps at the bottom of the rice paper, then 3 fresh mint leaves. Top with a bit of grated carrot, 3 cucumber sticks, 2 black radish sticks, a tiny hand of soya bean sprout. At this moment you can actually add pretty much anything you have in mind (coriander, peanuts, parsley...) But always keep about 2 inches uncovered on each side.
- Now let's roll: Fold uncovered sides inward, cover the bottom first and then tightly roll the rice paper.
- For the sauce, I like to serve and eat them with soya sauce but feel free to make a dressing with rice vinegar, fish sauce, water and sugar.