Egg in avocado boat w. Pesto
I've been seeing these eggs in avocado boat a lot on internet and I don't know why but only Green Kitchen Stories gave me the envy to try making my own. Maybe I thought that avocado and egg won't match together even if I'm a lover of avocado toast with poached egg on it.. Maybe because they were the only one seasoning it with pesto, my favorite ;) I of course changed the pesto recipe, I used parsley instead of basil leaves and toasted hazelnuts for pine nuts. I think avocado and egg are a perfect combination to make you feel full and satisfied without making you feel heavy and lazy. It is full of healthy fat and vitamins to boost your day. Make sure your avocado is ripe enough otherwise it won't have the same effect. Half an avocado is enough for one person but if you are hungry or need to feed an empty stomach in the need of great and healthy food, you got the right food, use a whole avocado!
Recipe for two: Preparation 20 minutes (adapted from GKStories)
- 2 small eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh parsley leaves
- 10 hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Start by halving the avocados making sure there is a wide enough hole to fold.
- Then slice a little off the bottom of the boat so it stands upright on the baking tray.
- Crack the eggs one by one into a separate bowl and then with a spoon, carefully place them into the avocado hole (don’t crack the eggs straight into the avocado because it will make a mess if the eggs overflow)
- To make the pesto, use an extra bowl and mix the hazelnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, and finely chopped parsley leaves together until well combined.
- Place a thin layer of pesto on top of the egg boats and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes and enjoy as much as I do!