Baby Lemon & Coconut Cheesecake - Raw & Vegan
French - I know it can be completely silly or magic to make cheesecake without cheese but I can assure you that nuts are a very good substitute, turning macadamia nuts into cream: it's possible! An you know it, if you tried my creamy tomato sauce made out of cashew nuts. But this time, I wanted to test it on a dessert recipe (inspired by Pure2raw) and I have to admit, with the addition of lemon & coconut: it's heaven! I made a real cheesecake once, but it took me hours, 30 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook and overnight to chill, and you can only be sure you succeeded making it until you cut it. While this one, is one dessert seriously hard to mess-up! This cheesecake is raw, vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free, to sum up: full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes that are good for your body. And I'm sure you will ask about the coconut oil, the maple syrup or the nuts, but those one are good fat, the ones that requires less energy to digest and boost your metabolism.
Recipe for 6 baby cheesecakes - Preparation: 20 minutes
For the crust:
- 60 grams of hazelnuts flour (ground hazelnuts, hazelnuts powder are the same)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until well combined. It should look like a paste. Take a bit with your hand, if everything holds together, then it's perfect. Otherwise, add a bit of maple syrup.
- Pour the crust mixture into your baby cheesecake pan (I use muffins plastic pan) making sure the base is even throughout and press well into the pan. Set aside.
For the filling:
- 125 grams of macadamia nuts
- 60 grams of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 freshly squeezed lemons juice
- 3 lemons zests
- 80 grams of coconut oil
- Pour the macadamia nuts, maple syrup, water, lemons juice, lemons zests into a blender and mix for 10 seconds. Then, add the coconut oil and mix until everything is well combined, nice and smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of your crust in your cheesecake pan and put it in a freezer for 2 hours. Remove it from the freezer and chill it in a fridge or at room temperature.
Happy baby dessert & Bon weekend