Zucchini spaghetti & Creamy tomato sauce - Vegan
French - When it comes to pasta I really don't discriminate, but I usually prefer eating lighter meals, especially for diner. But this time, I wanted to have all the same comfort feeling as you may have when eating pasta. Therefore, I tried vegetable noodles! And I have to admit that zucchini spaghetti fulfilled perfectly their part of the contract, especially with a creamy tomato sauce, completely vegan, made out of cashew nuts: delicious! I also added slices of brown mushrooms for a little smoky flavor. To make the spaghetti, I used a julienne peeler for lack of having a spiralizer, which works very well, but I assume if you more than 3 people eating, it might take a little longer.
Recipe for 2 - Preparation 30 minutes
- 3 big zucchinis
- 6 brown mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Creamy tomato sauce
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 50 g of cashew nuts
- 10 leaves of fresh basil
- 5 brunches of thyme
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Start by putting all your cashew nuts into a bowl and cover it with water. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start making spaghetti with your julienne peeler, set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms. On medium heat, in a sauce pan, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the mushrooms until the edge start to be a bit crispy brown.
- Meanwhile, pour all the remaining ingredients in a blender, without forgetting your cashew nuts (pour out the excess water before, of course)
- Once your mushrooms are almost ready, add the zucchini to cook for 2 minutes.
- When ready, for a nice presentation, place the zucchinis and mushrooms in small nests and add the creamy tomato sauce on a side.
Super healthy diner is served, bon appétit!