Mushrooms tart tatin
French - When it comes to mushrooms season, I'm the most excited girls, they are one of my favorite veggie, (ok, if you read me from the beginning you must think that I love all the veggies, which is true but no true, I just have a top 5 or maybe 6) You can eat them raw, cooked, steamed, stuffed, in tarts, cakes, in a sauce, soup and there is a huge variety of different mushrooms (up to 250, which you can eat). As I was craving for mushrooms (what a weird craving you must say) I wanted to cook something simple and light that I could eat with a little salad on the side and vegan if possible, so I opt of a mushroom tart tatin for a bit of challenge!
Recipe for a big tart - Preparation: 45 minutes
For a vegan tart crust:
- 160 grams of kamut flour
- 20 grams of salt
- 100 grams of olive oil
- 60 ml of very cold water
- Whisk the flour and salt together. Add the olive oil and mix well to combine.
- Once combine, pour water, one drop at a time. Mix well but don’t overwork the dough or it’ll become tough.
- Make a ball, cover in plastic paper and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven at 180°C
- 2 full hands of shiitake, chopped
- 4 big portobello, chopped
- 1 full hands of chanterelle, chopped
- 10 paris mushrooms, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 6 branches of parsley, chopped
- 7 tablespoons of olive oil
- A bit of coriander powder (you can use any type of powder, a bit of flour for example)
- Put a sauce pan on medium heat, once warm enough, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, shallots and garlic.
- After two minutes, add all the mushrooms.
- Once half cooked, add the parsley and mix well to combine.
- Once 3/4 cooked, put the pan on the side.
- Take the pie crust out of the fridge. Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out your tart crust until it shaped in a circle of 25 cm. (The size of your tart pan)
- On a tart pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and try to spread it on every corner of the pan (use your fingers) so the mushrooms won't stick and spread a bit of coriander powder.
- Then, add your mushrooms and spread it in a uniform way all over the pan.
- Quickly and carefully take the tart crust down right into the edges to cover the mushrooms
- Bake the tart tatin for 25 minutes until golden with crispy pieces bubbling up from the edges.
- Take it out of the oven. Without waiting any longer, get a serving plate that is larger than your pan and put an oven glove on to protect the arm holding the plate. Put the plate on top of the pan, then quickly, carefully and confidently turn it out.
Taaadaaa vegan mushrooms tart tatin is served! Add a green salad on the side and here you go with a perfect and healthy meal. Bon appétit!