Healthy Asian Beef Tartare
As I'm used to twist everything my way, this time I attacked the tartare case! Usually, a French tartare is made with mustard, capers, olive oil, parsley, chives and english sauce Worcestershire. Not that I'm very keen of this version but I like to make it fresher, lighter and way more tasty. I think I found the best tartare version and it has become the only way for me to eat beef, otherwise, as you may have understand through my posts I'm most of the time eating vegetarian. Once you'll taste this version of the tartare, I think you won't be able to eat another version of a tartare again. Why? Because the seasoning allows you to appreciate the real quality of the meet, discover the fresh and good taste of it and feel an explosion of flavor into your mouth.
Recipe for 2 - Preparation 15 minutes
- Zest of a lime
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 10 grams of ginger, grated
- 1 baby handful of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 10 leaves of fresh coriander, chopped
- 5 leaves of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of tabasco
- Salt and pepper
- 400 grams of organic beef slab of steak, cut with a knife by a butcher or yourself
- Pour everything in a bowl and stir well for 2 minutes to combine every ingredient.
- Add salt & pepper or more soya sauce to adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Enjoy, it's wonderful!