Fresh Linguini Green Peas Pesto
Summer is on its way and it's time to celebrate: Green peas! And you know me and my love for pesto, I couldn't resist to try a new one. I used the usual ingredients such as organic olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, sea salt and pepper and used brazil nuts and mint instead of the basic pine nuts and basil. I also chose to add oregano and one lemon zest for an extra freshness on this warm and sunny weather we currently have in Paris. If there is one thing I do first when entering the organic food market down my street on sunday, is straightly going to the Italian corner. There is always plenty of cheese available, from big mozzarella, buratta to ricotta , fresh olive oil, plenty of herbs and of course lot's a freshly homemade pasta.
Recipe for 2 big plates - 20 minutes
- 250 grams fresh homemade linguini
- 300 grams of fresh green peas
- 1-2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 20 fresh leaves mint
- 3 tablespoons of fresh oregano
- 100 grams of grated organic Parmesan cheese
- 1 big handful of brazil nuts, chopped
- 10 tablespoon organic olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Bring water to a boil, cook the fresh green peas for about 12 minutes, until just cooked, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine, peas, garlic, lemon zest and juice, fresh mint leaves, oregano, parmesan cheese and organic olive oil. Pulse until you reach a thick, crumby and smooth pesto paste. Add salt, pepper and oregano to season according to your taste.
- Bring water to a boil and cook the linguini for about 8 minutes to be al dente.
- Drain out the excess water, put the pasta on 2 plates, add the green peas pesto and for an extra taste sprinkle a bit of lemon zest, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bueno appetito!