Chorizo Tomatoes Tartines
Today it's friday and by Friday I mean the weekend, family time, friends time, partying, chilling and of course sharing food with people you love. So if tonight you are throwing a party at home or hosting a brunch on sunday, here is an idea to mix with the original and unbeatable avocado toast. This tartine is made of tomatoes, red pepper and a bit of chorizo. I chose to add a bit of rocket on the top, yellow cherry tomatoes, some fresh basil leaves and sea salt. But you can also add some grilled mushrooms and mozzarella on top and melt it in the oven for a better greedy result.
Recipe for 8 small tartines - Preparation 20 minutes
- 8 slices of rye bread with walnuts
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halves
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes (topping)
- 1 red pepper, cut in small pieces
- 8 small pieces of spicy chorizo
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 baby handfuls of rocket leaves
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- After 3 minutes, put the slices of bread in it and grill for 5 minutes until crispy.
- In a small sauce pan, on medium heat, add the chorizo and grilled in for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper cut into squares and cook it for another 2 minutes until the edges start to grill.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and cook it until it almost becomes a tomato sauce.
- After 5 minutes, the tomato sauce should start to simmer.
- Put the mixture to a blender and mix for 20 seconds until reaching a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Take the bread out of the oven and spread the mixture on your tartine.
- Add the yellow cherry tomatoes on top, with a small handful of rocket and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and pepper & happy friday night :)