Beef & veggies Thai broth
French - October is here and you can start feeling it, the temperature dropped to 10 degrees in two days, you can't leave your house without your scarf and pumpkins start to be part of organic sunday market. October announces the beginning of winter, Halloween, Thanks Giving... Briefly: cold & big meals! So in order to keep ourselves warm and eat light before big occasions, this weekend I cook a beef and veggies thai broth (inspired from the Marabout book). This broth is full of taste, slightly spicy, consistent and super healthy.
Recipe for 2 - Preparation : 30 minutes
- 200 grams of beef filet, cut in very small pieces, like 'tartare au couteau'
- 1 carrot
- 1 turnip
- 4 brunches of cauliflower
- 4 brunches of coriander
- 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
For the broth:
- 1 big garlic clove, chopped
- 1,5 cm of ginger, chopped
- 1 stick of lemon grass, cut in half
- 6 brunches of coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soja sauce
- 80 cl of water
- Put the water and all the ingredients for the broth in a pan, close with a lid and cook it on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut your carrot, turnip and cauliflower in tiny little pieces. Put all the veggies in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Cut the beef filet in small pieces and put them in the middle of each bowl.
- Add the veggies on top of the beef.
- Take out the lemon grass from the pan and pour the broth on the beef and veggies.
- Add the remaining coriander, a little bit of lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Diner is served!